Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Road Calls

I went to a wedding reception in Bedford, Pennsylvania this past weekend as the date of a friend and because I went straight from home to the reception I got to the hall well ahead of everybody who was coming from the church in Berlin. I sat in the car looking at this scene while I waited for my friend and the others to arrive.


In front of the church in the picture is a road, and as I sat there many motorcyclists rode through the scene. There seemed to be an inordinate number of them compared to the number of cycles you think you'd see on a typical road on a usual day.

I don't know what it was about the road itself, but as I watched the cyclists riding past while I sat there in the old cage I felt as if the road was calling to me to ride it. There was just something about it that made it seem like riding it would be better than riding most other roads. It was an odd feeling. I know that given the right circumstances - like being on my scooter and not in a full suit and tie I'd have been out there myself running up and down this peaceful little stretch of western Pennsylvania and experiencing something that I knew would be sublime.


Although I'd love to post something here daily, I know that once school's in full swing next week that's going to be nearly impossible. I'll give it my best shot to post as regularly as I can even when the weather has me "grounded" and writing about any old thing that rides through my head.



No comments: