Monday, April 27, 2009

Free Chicken!

Today was the day when KFC was giving a free piece of their new grilled chicken to anybody who walked in the door.  Because there's a KFC more or less just around the corner from the school I scooted right over when I got out of work to try a piece.  Though the ads said it was the manager's choice as to what kind of piece one would walk away with, they offered a choice and being a dark meat guy I opted for a drumstick.


It was quite good, but reminded me a lot of my own baked chicken on which I sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper before shoving it into the oven.  Somehow, though, free food or food cooked by somebody else always tastes better.  All in all, KFC's original recipe will always be my favorite.  It has to be those secret herbs and spices, just like Coke's secret formula always makes it better than generic colas!



2 comments:

Scootin' Fool said...

Yeah, you can't beat an original. The original Mustang...the original Cushman...The old Indian Motorcycles...Original Recipe KFC...the list goes on.

Baron's Life said...

Original is the way to go..did you get that free chicken on the Tax Free day?
Looks delicious...lol