Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Well, I got the bike back after I came home from my mini vacation yesterday, but all I could do was park it and wait for today and its rotten weather to be over.


On my way to work this morning (in the old cage) it looked like Armageddon and when the skies opened up the rain fell in sheets.  When I got to the parking lot which was picking up rain faster than it could drain the wind made the whole surface of the lot look like a lake.

I hate being at the mercy of the elements.  I know winter's coming with its own bag of lousy weather stuff and I hope I won't have to keep the scooter off the streets for too long.  In spite of driving cars for over 30 years I feel way more at home on the bike.  A car is just something to get me from place to place.  On the cycle it's about getting there.  Well, when it's not raining, at least.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this Joe. Riding a two wheeler seems to be "living" the ride. The cage pretty much puts life on hold for a bit.